Thursday, April 23, 2009

Charleston: Peninsula Grill


I have eaten at the Peninsula Grill before, and its wonderful . . . but when I'm in Charleston I always head to the Peninsula for their Coconut Cake. Its absolutely the best ever, a fairly dense cake [that seems light], with multiple layers filled with a fluffy white icing and toasted coconut. The outside is dusted with more coconut and a piece regally fills an entire dinner plate. I am a big fan of coconut cake and this and the one at the Halekulani in Honolulu are my two favorites [and are very different from each other]. When you're in Charleston don't hesitate . . . head to the Peninsula Grill and get you some cake . . . and to be really decedant get it to go and take it back to your hotel room where you can enjoy it privately, even perhaps licking the plate.



EatHereOrNot: EAT HERE

No comments: